Friday 2 May 2014

So Kind Celebration

Hi! 

Friday - woohoo! Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow! Tonight Stuart and I are going to see one of our favourite comedians, Jon Richardson! I'm super excited, he's a very funny guy! 

But before we go, I have a card for the Paper Player's challenge. This week has been a sketch challenge. I've looked at it a few times and I've been desperately wanting to make something for it but what with a busy week and feeling shattered and still under the weather it didn't happen until last night. 



Stamp Set: Sweet Essentials
Ink: Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
DSP: Celebrations Basic Kit, Coral Celebrations Add-On Kit
Punch: Fancy Flower, Boho Blossom
Embellishments: Gold Sequin Trim
Other: White Gel Pen

I've been wanting to use some of the celebrations add-on  pieces to make some cards, finally I got the chance. There's some super cute patterns in the set plus tags and lots more. I used the tag with the pretty white patterned border. I tied that in to the rest of the card with the white gel pen to do a border around the strip of DSP and also to decorate the leaves. I really love the patterns on the leaves - this really lifts the dark artichoke green and adds a fun pattern. 


The flowers are alternate cantaloupe and coral for that subtle difference in colour which you can really see when the petals are all fluffed up. 
The centre I added a gold blossom and for some added texture by piling up sequins. I also added scattered sequins to fill the gaps and draw the eye through the card. 


I love how this has turned out and look forward to making more pretties with this add-on kit. At £8.95 its a real bargain for all the awesome pieces you get in it! 

Happy Stampin',

4 comments:

  1. Adorable, Amanda! I love the sequins. The flower is awesome :) Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really rock the flowers, Amanda! Love your cluster of sequins for the center. How clever of you to use pieces from the kit, too! So glad you got some stamping time and could share with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Amanda! Love the pop of pattern on the background layers and those sparkly sequins. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete