Monday 14 April 2014

My Digital Monday - Vintage Bike

Hello! 

Monday again? I'm still enjoying being on holiday! For those of you working, at least you can find solace in the fact that its Easter next weekend which means a shorter working week, long weekend and lots of chocolate!!!!!! Yay! 

My day is shaping up to be pretty good, I think. Mom and I are going into town shopping this morning. I know I went in last week, so don't really need to go but Mom wants some new clothes for work and I happen to be her shopping companion - I tell her what looks good and the such! 

This afternoon I need to do some housework - huge stack of ironing I've been ignoring for far too long! Then in the evening Stuart has the wedding rehearsal then we are all out for a nice meal! Happy times! 

Today is a bit of a different My Digital Monday.... I've used MDS but paired it with some hand paper crafting too! They call this style of card a "hybrid". 


Stamp Set: Adventure Awaits (MDS), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Grey, Coastal Cabana
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Grey, Coastal Cabana
DSP: Retro Fresh
Punch: Banner
Embellishments: Brights Candy Dots

So this came about because a friend of mine asked if I'd make her a birthday card for her boyfriend. He's crazy into bicycles, so she really wanted a nice bike card for him. I have to admit I was a bit stumped, I didn't really have a "masculine" looking bike stamp and decided it was WAY to complex to try and punch art it within the short time window I had to make the card. 

I decided my best bet for finding and appropriate bike stamp/paper would be to see if MDS had anything...and I found this vintage bike beauty. I love that I can resize it so I could make a background of small bikes with a larger one for the centre piece. The pieces were printed off then I got to chopping up and making it into more of a card! 


I love the little banner details - I think it really helps to just soften up the card and make it look like a bit more of a celebration. 


I ended up stamping and cutting the sentiment into a little banner because I messed up stamping onto the card - I thought I had stamped it hard enough but when I lifted the stamp only half had stamped! Argh! Does that ever happen to you?

So this is my first ever proper attempt at a hybrid card. I've used MDS to print out sentiments before but never actual images. I think it was quite successful and will definitely be trying it out again. Do you ever make hybrids?

Have a beautiful day!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment