Wednesday 23 April 2014

Gingham Washi

Hello!

So, back to work today! I was kind of looking forward to going back but I came down with a rotten cold overnight. I went to bed with a sore throat and had a very disturbed, restless night...this morning I really didn't want to go to work. Anyway, I've somehow made it through the day and back home...I'm curled up on the sofa, shivering, feeling very rough and totally gross. Praying I'll feel better by tomorrow morning.

Today I've got a CAS card for this week's Paper Players' challenge! The challenge this week is to use washi tape. Now, I've got a little confession, I love washi tape - its super cute and fun, I've seen some totally gorgeous cards made using it but for some reason I really struggle to use it. Anyway, I think I've found a little design I'm happy with! 



Stamp Set: Kind & Cosy
Ink: Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz
Cardstock: Whisper White
Punch: Itty Bitty
Embellishments: Gingham Garden Washi, Rhinestones

So this is a really simple card, but all those rhinetones really add a sparkly wow factor! Random strips of washi tape were applied to the background - they're just torn off the roll. 

I used the brush tip of the stampin' write markers to carefully colour in the sentiment - I really like the floral "you" coloured in all the different colours! I think it just makes it look that bit more special.


I had indended to leave the card there but I looked at it a few times and it just didn't look finished. I decided it needed a some more colour and a bit more washi tape. The tape was laid and punched from a scrap piece of white. The flowers were dotted around and I added rhinestones. 

Again, I thought I was finished but I wondered what'd it'd be like with a few white flowers dotted in the background, I punched a few and laid them out and decided that was the exact touch the card needed. 

I'm really pleased with this card, I hope you like it too! 

I hope you have a lovely day! 

Happy Stampin',

4 comments:

  1. it's a lovely cheery card .... the colours are so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and cheerful! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bitty flowers! They add awesome dimension to your layout. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete