Sunday 2 March 2014

Simple Sunday - Masculine Leaves

Hi there! 

Great news! My camera is all fixed! Yay! Can't wait to start using it again! 

I have a simple Sunday card for you today. I made this little number for Stuart's Pap. I thought seeing as its getting into spring now around here - there are a few trees budding and showing leaves now that I could do a bit of a spring time leaf card. I know the Gently Falling set is designed to be a Autumnal set but there's no reason it can't be used for Spring and Summer too!


Stamp Set: Gently Falling, Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White

Yep this one is dead simple - I just stamped off the leaf on either side of the centre leaf for a lighter tone on tone effect and stamped a sentiment in the centre. 

I love using white/vanilla as a matt instead of the usual coloured matt but haven't done it for a while so was glad to give that one a go. The white really stands put amongst all that green and just pops. 


I really had to restrain myself from adding other things to this card. I did toy with the idea of adding buttons or linen thread to the card but it just didn't quite look right, plus I kept seeing Stuart's disproving face, in my mind, that I was adding "girly" things to a man card! (He has to approve all man cards in this house! If I get 'the look' I know it needs changing!)

Have a great rest of your weekend! Catch you again tomorrow!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment