Thursday 13 March 2014

Get Well...

Hello!

As promised, here's a little scheduled post while I'm in London! Today, if all is going according to plan I'm at the Knitting & Stitching Show! Its always fabulous and I'm looking forward to seeing pretty sew things, plus, choosing and buying some fabric bargains!!

My downline, Debbie had an op a couple weeks ago and I wanted to make her a pretty get well card - here's what I came up with...



Stamp Set: Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana
DSP: Eastern Elegance
Punch: Petite Petals, Itty Bitty
Embellishments: Pearls

I was origionalls just going to punch a line of flowers with the petite petals punch along the side. Add some DSP inside and a sentiment. That's all I'd planned to do - I thought it'd make a very simple and pretty card. 


But then I saw the flowers I'd punched out and thought it'd be a real shame not to use them. I also thought maybe the card was a little bare. 


I used the embossing stylus on the foam sheet in a circular motion in the centre of the flowers. I also punched a few itty bitty flowers to fill in and added some pearls. 


Here you can see the pretty paper inside. I think it looks just lovely peeking through the punched flowers!

Happy Stampin',


No comments:

Post a Comment