Tuesday 4 February 2014

Love & Congratulations

Hello there! 

I wanted to share with you a card we made at card club last month. Last month's stamp set was Language of Love and this card is the perfect example using all the stamps in the set. It'd be great for a valentine, wedding or engagement! 

Mine went to some friends, Hannah and Renz, who just got engaged last month. I haven't seen them since our wedding, long time now! Renz is a fantastic photographer and he and his friend Marc did our gorgeous wedding photos! Hannah is an amazing beader and she made my tiara for me, it was just perfect and matched my dress perfectly - it was just what I had in mind and I know its totally unique! Lovely couple!


Stamp Set: Language of Love, Sweet Essentials
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple, Gold Foil
DSP: Sweet Sorbet
Punch: Small Heart
Embellishments: Gold Baker's Twine, Chevron Ribbon

I'd call this a very traditional "romantic" colour combination - gorgeous neutrals with a pop of red and gold. I think what makes this a little different is the rich pinky Raspberry Ripple - tradition with a little twist!

Aren't the little floating hearts adorable? They really raw the eye across the card and fill that dead space to the left of the card making it a lot more balanced. 


 I'm really loving the banners in this set, they're just so cute layered up in a little group especially with this DSP and ribbon in the grouping too. 

Sorry for the short blog posts these last couple days, I've been suffering with the effects a cold and its not making me feel very productive! I spent most of yesterday feeling very frustrated with myself that I wasn't getting more done! One redeeming feature of yesterday was that I tried a new recipe which was absolutely delicious - Ranch Cheddar Chicken by Karly from Buns in my Oven. Totally recommend it if you're looking for a yummy new quick and easy weeknight dinner! 

I hope you enjoyed this and will come back again tomorrow for something else pretty and fun! 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment