Monday 17 February 2014

Inky Fingers Challenge 7

Hi!

Today is a another Inky Fingers Challenge, its the third week in the month which is also know as stamp set challenge! 

We've got a beautiful stamp set for you to play and create with this week, Flower Shop!


Stamp Set: Flower Shop, Gorgeous Grunge, Happy Day
Ink: Marina Mist, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Pistachio Pudding
Punch: Pansy, Bird Builder
Embellishments: Pearls, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Baker's Twine
Other: White Embossing Powder, Blender Pens

So the flowers are embossed in white on coloured cardstock, for a little more dimension I coloured the flower in with blender pens. It worked really well! 

I had pretty much everything on the card and it was just looking a bit flat, thankfully I hadn't actually stuck everything down yet so it all came off and I added some splatters in the background with the Gorgeous Grunge set. I had toyed with stamping some tone on tone flowers all over the background but I was afraid it'd be too much and I really didn't want to detract from the main focal point. 


The leaves are actually the wing from the bird builder punch. To help them fit in with the flowers I sponged around the edge.


I went a little crazy, stamping, embossing and colouring in some flowers inside the card too! 

I hope you'll hop on over to the Inky Fingers blog to check out what the other talented design team members have made for you and then get creative. Make a card yourself and upload it. I would love to see your creations!

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment