Thursday 27 February 2014

Elegant Friend

Hi there!

How is it Thursday already?! I really don't know where this week has gone! I've been hard at work today doing some tidying in my craft room and making some pretties too! Today I've got a challenge entry for the Paper Players.


Now this sketch is so lovely and simple - and I began this thinking I'd do a seriously simple card with a few strips of DSP and an embellishment or two. I'm not sure it ended up quite the way I'd intended but its cute! 


Stamp Set: Beautifully Baroque, Label Love
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
DSP:  Eastern Elegance
Punch: Scallop Border, Artisan Label
Embellishments: Brights Button, Brights Candy Dots, Whisper White Baker's Twine

Pretty simple really, I stamped off the baroque stamp for a lighter shade in the background and added little strips of co-ordinating pattern paper over the top. 


I hand cut the label really close to the stamped image and then layered it on the Cabana cardstock for a little border. the sentiment was stamped in the cabana also and cut out with a dimensional underneath for some height. 


Finishing touches were candy dots and a button - I didn't have these in Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana but I used the closest I did have - Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Deilght. I don't think it looks too off colour wise! The little baker's twine bow just helped soften the button. 

I'm really loving this colour combination - what do you think? Now, I'm back to my craft room to play some more!

Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Amanda! Love these colors together and the way you've stamped the Baroque element in the background is lovely. Ironically, I was just thinking how I needed to use this stamp more and here you've provided such lovely inspiration! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I was able to provide a little inspiration! x

      Delete