Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Masculine Birthday

Hello!

Second post of the day today!! How fun!

Yesterday was the Inky Fingers kit challenge, and if you remeber, I said that was my second attempt, well I thought today I'd quickly share with you my first creation. Its still a cute card but just didn't use all the components that I was given! 


Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
DSP: Modern Medlay
Punch: Merry Minis, Banner (SAB)
Accessories: White Emboss Powder, White Gel Pen, Mini Brads


I used the chalk board technique on this too. I'm really loving the chalk board effect at the moment and I think it makes the perfect component for a masculine card. 

The ruffled DSP was really simple to do, just tore the edge and and then randomly folded it to fit the length of the black cardstock. There's plenty of snail holding all that DSP down! 


I thought the mini brads looked quite sweet in the centre of the stars on the banners and just added that faint hint of sparkle! 

Please do check out the other lovely design team's creations on the Inky Fingers blog and play along with this week's colours! I can't wait to see what beautiful things you make! 

Happy Stampin',

No comments:

Post a Comment