Monday 9 December 2013

Watercolours & Sneak Peek!

Good afternoon! 

What a pleasant day it is! The house is finally decorated - we'd had our tree sitting bare in the living room for a week so it felt really good to get some light and decorations on it! Don't you just find having a Christmassy house really helps get you in the Christmas spirit? It does for me! 

This morning I have been baking cookies - well, to be more exact I've made a few batches of cookie dough that are chilling in the fridge while I take a wee lunch break, sort out an order that arrived today and write this little post. 

Today I have a card I made a week or so ago for my lovely friend Vicky. This stamp set is a new one which will be in the Spring-Summer Seasonal catalogue which launches on January 28th! I was the lucky winner of this set, So Very Grateful, at Convention during Prize Patrol - I always knew I loved Pool Party (that was my winning colour wrist band)!!


Stamp Set: So Very Grateful, Label Love, Chalk Talk
Ink: Black Stazon, Crisp Canteloupe, Perfect Plum, Pischio Pudding, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
Cardstock: Watercolour Paper, Crisp Canteloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Gumball Green, Perfect Plum
Punch: Artisan Label
Big Shot: Chalk Talk Framelits
Other: White Emboss Powder, Aquapainters 


This was quite a simple card really as I really wanted to showcase the beautiful flowers and some nice watercolouring! I shall be adding a short little video (from a new series of videos) on how to do this watercolouring with the awesome aquapainters! Have you tried them? They're wonderful! 

I'd origionally stamped the chalk talk and the sentiment in the centre just in White Craft ink but it just didn't have that pop and clarity that I was really after so I did go back and re stamp, get out the heat too, embossing powder etc. I've got to admit, I don't do much embossing, not because I don't like it but it is a bit of a faff. Having said that I am SO glad I did re-do this element as it really did give it that extra little touch the card was needing. 

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek. I am in LOVE with this set so you'll be sure to see more creative inspiration with it in the coming days! 

Have a beautiful Monday,

Happy Stampin, 

Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors!
    We are decorating our tree today and I'm hoping to get a few more decorations up around the house. We have plenty of snow outside, but the inside doesn't look very Christmassy yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I hope you get your tree decorated. Oh snow!!! I am VERY jealous! LOVE snow!! Have some fun in it for me! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda, lucky you winning prize patrol. I love what you've done with your prize. I'm sure your friend loved this card. Nice to see you at Convention. Here's to the next SU party. Zx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope she did! It was lovely to see you too! xx

      Delete