Monday 11 February 2013

Butterflies Galore!

Good morning! 

Monday already? Doesn't the weekend go fast!! Did you all have a good weekend? I had a craft table at a Christian charity sale on Saturday morning and went to see Les Miserables in the afternoon with my parents. It was good, don't get me wrong but, I think everyone had been telling me how amazing and brilliant it was that it didn't meet my expectations. Pity. I didn't even cry...oh well! 

On with today's share... This is another card I made quite a while back using the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and just never got around to showing you! 


Stamp Set: Papillon Potpourri, Curly Cute
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Brights Glimmer Brads. Designer Printed Brads, Brights Buttons, Rhinestones
Punch: Elegant Butterfly, Itty Bitty
Ribbon: Rich Razzleberry Stitched Grosgrain

I love all the bright colours here! The way these butterflies are arranged in rows reminds me of those butterfly displays you sometimes find in curiosity houses or stately homes (you know the kind I mean, where they are all pinned to the board and framed). 
The wings of the stamped butterflies do stand up a bit but you cant really see it here. Behind each stamped image is a solid punched butterfly for an extra pop of colour. Its very effective, just a pity you can't see it very well here. I also love the use of lots of different embellishments, I have a tendency to get a bit over protective and precious about brads and buttons so to have this many on a card is very special but it works beautifully! 

What do you think? Like my extravagance? 

Have a wonderful Monday! 

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment