Friday 6 July 2012

C25K update

Hey there! 

Man oh man how is it Friday already!?! I completely meant to blog this week, got lots of things I wanted to show off and alas the week has escaped me!! I also wanted to give you a little update about my C25K. So here it goes...

 I should have completed week 2 at the end of last week but I was having a super lazy Friday last week and just couldn't find the energy. Saturday I went to Cambridge on a photography trip for the day so after traipsing around Cambridge all day I was shattered and going out for a run, I must admit was NOT on my mind. So I ended up doing my last week 2 run on Monday, I have to say I didn't hold out too much hope of success after no running for 4/5 days. To my surprise it went well I managed the whole run without pressing pause to catch my breath once!! It was a proud moment!

 Now I am on week 3 (5 minutes warm up walk followed by 2 repetitions of 90 seconds jog, 90 seconds walk, 3 minutes jog, 3 minutes walk and then a 5 minute cool down at the end). I intended to start week 3 on Tuesday but it just rained so much I had to give it a miss. I had an awful night sleep Tuesday, woke up like 5 times with nightmares (!?!?!?!) so Wednesday was just a rubbish blur and I spent the entire evening sorting stuff out at my mom's so when I rolled in at midnight I had absolutely NO enthusiasm for running. Tonight I did my first run. I wasn't looking forward to 3 minutes running - I seriously doubted I had it in me to do it and was fully expecting to have to press pause a few times during the session. Well, I was AWESOME!!! Probably the best run I have done so far, pressed pause for about 7 seconds on my 90 second walks to give myself a little extra time to catch my breath before the 3 minute runs. Actually I found the 3 minutes easier than the 90 seconds! Probably because its longer you don't think about the time so much - I was utterly amazed to see how fast 3 minutes running went by! I honestly thought it would seem like an eternity! 

I'm actually loving (mostly) my runs at the moment and look forward to going out on them! Never thought in a million years I'd say that! If any of you out there is reading this thinking it sounds nuts running for enjoyment and to get fit I'd really urge you to try it! It just feels so good when you've accomplished a run and I actually feel myself getting fitter and slimmer too!!! 

Well my "short" update has turned into a little bit of a blabbering on rant - sorry for that! 

Have a great day! 

Amanda xo

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Hoo! You are well on your way to being an athlete!! Keep up the great work!
    I just started walking again and as soon as the weather gets a little cooler, I hope to start C25K again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't quite know about athlete! I'm really struggling on week 4 at the moment! Ugh!
    Great to hear you're walking again! Let me know how your C25K goes when you start it again! xx

    ReplyDelete