Sunday 20 May 2012

vintage style medallion

Another of the stamps I've been eyeing up in the catalogue for ages is the Medallion background stamp, so when Rhoda came down I asked to borrow it. I thought I'd show you one of the creations that I came up with using it...


Medallion Congratulations

Stamp Set: Medallion, Curly Cute, French Foliage
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Vellum Paper
Punch: Boho Blossoms
Accessories: Pearls
Extras: Champagne Shimmer

I stamped the medallion in the background and then using a combination of soft suede ink (stamping off for a lighter shade) and champagne shimmer paint  to stamp some water drop marks over the background to add a subtle glittery texture. I stamped the sentiment on vellum and wrapped it around the card. Finally I added some punched flowers and pearls for a bit of a colour punch and voila! 

Hope you enjoyed this vintagy type card. 

Happ Stampin',

Amanda x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour combo Amanda, looks like it could be for a vintage style golden wedding card, beautiful!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah you're right - I will have to keep this one in mind next time I get another order for a 50th wedding card! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The flowers in the center are such a nice embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So pretty! Can you bring me a card packet when you come that I can purchase from you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ally! Yep I will bring you some cards! :) xx

      Delete