Tuesday 21 February 2012

penguin fest!

It was my mother-in-law's birthday on Saturday so obviously I needed to make her a special card! She LOVES penguins and seeing as I recently got the owl punch I thought I would put it to good use and make some penguins out of it!



Pop-Up Penguin Fest

Stamp Set: Outlined Occasions (SAB)
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait
Accessories: Lemon Baker's Twine
Punch: Owl Builder, Itty Bitty, 1 3/4" Circle
Big Shot: Sweet Buttons Embosslit, Blossom Party Die
Extras: Sponge

Now, its super easy to make the owl punch into  a penguin! All I did was cut off the ears! I also cut off the feet and added peach parfait feet instead! I cut out tiny little triangles as beaks! They were accented with little flowers and hearts! Cute as! 
Now, I don't do pop up cards! The last time I made a pop up card I must have been about 14! However I did a little google search to get a few ideas for card design and saw a really cute pop up card with the penguins so I thought why not! I made the steps and added penguins inside. I also sponged the edges before sticking this piece of cardstock onto the card base. 
On the front of the card I added a large banner with Celebrate on it, coloured with the markers and sponged. I layered up the large flower from the Blossom Party die, circle punch and then topped with a penguin. I finally wrapped some baker's twine around the card and added a bow to both sides. On the inside I also added a embossed button. 

My MIL loved it! She was so pleased with it and was really surprised to see the pop ups inside! 

Do you love it too? Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! 

Happy Craftin',

Amanda xo





1 comment:

  1. How cute are the penguins on this! The front is so cute, and then the inside is even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete