Wednesday 8 February 2012

everything eleanor

So I thought I'd take a break from showing you cards for valentine's day and cards with hearts today and show you the Mother's day card that we made on Monday at card club. 


Eleanor Mum

Stamp Set: Everything Eleanor, For my Family
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Pearls

I first stamped the large frame in Pretty in Pink at the bottom of the Vanilla cardstock. then covered it in a mask of the same shape (cut out of printer paper and with tombow - gone tacky and removeable) and stamped the flourishes in the background for some height and depth. Remove the mask and then ink up the fancy frame, I stamped off on scrap paper for a lighter look and then stamped to the side of the large frame. Next I added the sentiment and the birdie in Early Espresso as well as stamping some of the flowers on some scrap Vanilla. I also ran the edges of the Vanilla cardstock on the Espresso ink pad for a very slight touch of colour before adhering it to the Certainly Celery card base. I coloured in the flowers with Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose to get a deep shaded effect and help them pop out from the subtle background. I used dimensionals to adhere them to the card and finished off with pearls.

This is a lovely card that showcases almost every single stamp in this stunning set! It was one of my favourites and still it! I love it!! 

If you missed Monday night's card club and would like to have a go at making this yourself, I have a couple spots left on Friday night, 7:30-9:30pm. Call me on 01604949827 or email me at amanda_burditt@hotmail.co.uk to reserve your seat! Can't wait to see you there! 

Thanks for stopping by,

Amanda xx


2 comments: