Tuesday 31 January 2012

my dad's birthday card

I thought today I would show you the birthday card that I made for my dad last week. I had to take the photo at night inside - the lighting is really poor so sorry for the bad quality photo - I'm sure you get the idea though! 


Vintage Happy Birthday

Stamp Set: Letter It Alphabet
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
DSP: Everyday Elegance (SAB)
Accessories: Mini Brads

I stamped out the letters for HAPPY and then cut them out, sticking them roughly in the centre of the card. I wrote birthday in my handwriting underneath. I added some strips of the Everyday Elegance DSP and finished off with some stitching lines. I did a little bit of sponging with Crumb Cake ink to distress the card and calm down the white. Finally I added brads between each of the letters in the word HAPPY to make it look like they have been pinned down. 

Another quite simple card really, I hope you liked it. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by. 

Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. Great card for a man. I always find them so difficult to do. Got my Dad's and Chris's birthday in the next fortnight so I'd better get my thinking cap on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are difficult! I have a few more masculine cards coming up in the next few days - hope they inspire you! x

      Delete
  2. Your handwriting is amazing! Wish mine was so nice! This is a wonderful card and I love the mini brads between the letters! Adding those to my shopping list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its just years of practice - doodling, looking at others' handwriting and trying to copy them. Most of the time when I hand write a sentiment on a card I write it out in pencil and then go over it in pen so I know I'm not going to muck up! I love those mini brads too! Perfect match for the letter it alphabet! :) x

      Delete