Saturday 15 October 2011

simply stampin' challenge, week 29

Its Saturday again and that means its the Simply Stampin' Challenge! This week is a colour challenge, which is as follows:


These are the colours that are in the new DSP - Frightful Sight. I don't go in for Halloween so I thought for all you non-halloweeners out there I would do something  a little different.


Glitterful Friend To Friend

Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden, French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Cajin Craze, Old Olive, Basic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive
Punches: Modern Label
Embossing: Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Heat Tool
Accessories: Rhinestones

So I haven't used the Greenhouse Garden stamp set for quite a while so I thought I would get it out and realised it pairs very well with the French Foliage stamp set. I used the 'kissing' technique I was explaining in yesterday's post on the flower and covered with heat and stick powder, then dazzling diamonds glitter. I did the same thing to the leaves. The background was stamped all over with the french script and water drop stamps in the French Foliage set (I stamped off the stamped images on scrap paper to give a softer background and really let the glittery flower stand out!). I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock, punched out with the Modern Label punch and then ran the Cajun Craze marker around the edge to help it stand out a little from the background! 

I hope you liked today's card using the halloween colours to make a non-halloween card! Now hop on over to the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog and check out what the other lovely talented design team members have created and then enter your own creation! I'd love to see how you use these pretty colours! 

Hugs,

Amanda x


No comments:

Post a Comment