Tuesday 14 June 2011

i'm crushing...

As I said, This colour combo was gorgeous and therefore I actually made a couple cards using the same combo, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Concord Crush. I think one of the reasons I have taken so well to this combo is because of its heavy use of neutral colours. The nice thing about a mostly neutral coloured card is that any colour you put in it just really pops and stands out all the more! This is clearly shown in my card below. 


Together Forever Wedding Cake

Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes, Fast Flowers Wheel
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzaz (just the very slightest bit to bring out the leaves)
Extras: Blender Pen

The strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock and the Fast Flowers wheel breaks up the large expanse of Vanilla cardstock. The Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip cardstock frame the centre image. I used a blender pen to colour in the image. Concord Crush was used on the flowers on the cakes and also a little sponging around the edges...draws out the colour and also draws in the eye! It definitely shows the eye where the focal point of the card is! 

I hope you liked this second colour combo card. Please do leave me a comment, they make me smile lots! :)

'till next time,

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment