Friday 24 June 2011

accept, accept, accept!

My husband's cousin, Naomi, is getting married in August. We got a wedding invitation from her about a month ago and due to business I still have not got round to replying...until today!



Blushing Bride Acceptance

Stamp Set: n/a
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
DSP: Blushing Bride (Hostess only)
Ink: Frost White Shimmer Paint
Punches: Modern Label, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1" Circle, Two Step Bird
Accessories: Old Olive Button, Old Olive Brad
Extras: Dimensionals, White Gel Pen, Rubbing Alcohol, Tombo Mono Multi Glue, Glue Dots

Nay's wedding is a dusty pink colour so I thought my hostess in colour Blushing Bride dsp would be perfect for making an acceptance card! I punched out a variety of circles in a couple of the patterns, crumpled them up then I began unfolding layering and rescrunching up. I made 3 flowers in this way, large, medium and small.  I then sprayed them with my uber cool shimmer mist (rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint in a old spray bottle!), added a Old Olive button to the largest, a Old Olive brad to the middle and the bud was too tiny to need anything in the centre! I adhered them to the Pear Pizzazz cardstock and embellished with a few branchy sprigs in Old Olive and Always Artichoke! I finally hand wrote the sentiment onto a modern label punch with white gel pen and did a dashed line around the edge of the Pear Pizzazz. Finally I mounted the whole thing on a Whisper White card base! 


I hope you enjoyed today's share! I am really pleased with this little card. Please do leave a comment!

Thanks for visiting!

Amanda

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Really want to see it close up! Nay will love it! I haven't made one yet either but figuring it's a given!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Amanda - love everything about it! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete