Tuesday 31 May 2011

in-love with in-colour...poppy parade

This is the final of the five in-colours I have been playing with recently! And I think I found this colour the hardest. For some reason I find red a really difficult colour to work with. Especially the bright ones. Give me something like Riding Hood Red, a darker more muted and richer shade and I am fine but bright red just causes me difficulties so after a few failed attempts and beginning to feel slightly exasperated I decided to look through Tiff's old Sketchy Sunday sketched and I found this little gem! 




Poppy Parade Get Well Wishes

Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes
Cardstock: Whisper White
DSP: Poppy Parade (6x6 Hostess only)
Ink: Poppy Parade, Early Espresso
Punches: Scallop Square, 1" Circle, Modern Label
Extras: Sponge, Dimensionals

The end result is a very simple card but shows off the patterns beautifully. It took hardly any time to make at all, uses minimal supplies and therefore definately makes it a contender for a quick and simple bulk card!! 
I simply punched out the shapes in the dsp, layered them up and adhered them down. stamped, punched and sponged my sentiment and then used dimensionals to adhere that to the centre of my four squares! 

I hope you liked this oh so simple card! Oh and don't forget if you've liked this series and would like to make these cards for yourself why not host a workshop and you can get this pack of all five in-colours with all these gorgeous patterns for FREE!!! 

Please leave a comment, let me know what you think. Is Poppy Parade a favourite of yours? 

Until next time!

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment