Thursday 17 March 2011

wedding card

My husband, Stuart, took in a bunch of my cards today to sell at his school for me, as a result, I have been asked to make a wedding card. Brilliant because I love making pretty wedding cards! However, the specifications are "beautiful and different!" That's a corker! Beautiful is the easy bit but trying to come up with a card that is different too is proving more tricky! Trying to remember back to my own wedding last summer and the cards we got then, I guess the common wedding cards include hearts, bride and groom, flowers and cake, so how to do a different card?! I've been mulling it over all evening and after finishing off a few other projects and having a go at bleach stamping because I just couldn't wait (so much fun - sample on its way hopefully tomorrow). I remember some gorgeous cards that my upline Rhoda posted on her blog (link: http://shetlandstamper.blogspot.com/2011/02/exciting-times.html). I've been wanting to try out one of these banner cards for a while, it was one of the reasons I decided I just had to have the modern label punch - not a decision I have regretted one bit! so, this is my CASEd version, please do let me know what you think...



Wedding Day

Stamp Set: All Year Cheer I (retired), All Year Cheer II (retired), So Happy For You (SAB)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Silver Brads, Linen Thread
Extras: White Gel Pen, Flower Punch (not an SU one but I would have used the Boho Blossoms punch if I had it!), Modern Label Punch

I stamped out individual letters from sentiment stamps and cut them out to layer onto the modern label punch which I used as the basis of my banner. I also used handwriting to make up the word. The modern label punches were then folded over in half and adhered with the linen thread in the middle. They were attached to the card with a brad at each end and the thread wrapped around the brads. I accessories the sentiment on the banner by adding a few little layered flowers and rhinestones for a elegant and sparkly look. 

I hope it goes down well, I guess I shall see tomorrow! Please do let me know what you think! I love reading your comments! 

Thanks. 

Amanda xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment