Tuesday 15 March 2011

update 2 - birthday cards

Second of my card instalments in an attempt to catch up on the last week or so! I hope you enjoy seeing all the things I have been making! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them! 



Birthday Wishes Pressies

Stamp Set: Every Little Bit, So Happy For You (SAB set)
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point DSP, Rich Razzleberry DSP, Wild Wasabi DSP
Extras: Eyelet Border Punch

A really quick easy card. I stamped the presents on Whisper White CS and then stamped again onto Designer Series Paper and cut them out. I punched some Wild Wasabi DSP with the punch and adhered it to the bottom with a narrow strip along the top. I adhered all that to the white background and finally stamped the sentiment above the presents.  


Birthday Wishes Gifts

Stamp Set: --
Ink: --
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie DSP, Rich Razzleberry DSP, Daffodil Delight DSP
Accessories: Silver Embroidery Floss
Extras: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Modern Label Punch, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

I wanted to try using DSP to make presents. I saw a card similar to this on the wonderful Kristina Werner's website, unfortunately I dont think it turned out as nicely as hers did. At least I tried! Let me know what you think!


HB Happy Birthday

Stamp Set: Punch Bunch
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy, Garden Green
Extras: White Gel Pen, Dimensionals, Scallop Square Punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

I cut strips in a variety of widths of cardstock, and adhered them to the card, adding the scallop punched saying HB in a row too. I finished off the card by doing some dots and dashes with a white gel pen on the card strips and rounding the corners. This is a good manly card!


Happy Birthday Owl

Stamp Set: Punch Bunch, Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Extras: Dimensionals, Two Step Bird Punch

I punched out the leaves and branches using the Two Step Bird punch and then  stamped the owl onto Crumb Cake and Cut it out. I adhered it all together and popped the owl up on some dimensionals to add some depth. 


Birthday Flowers 

Stamp Set: Every Little Bit, Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive DSP, Pumpkin Pie DSP, Rich Razzleberry DSP
Ink, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Orange Pen (would have used Pumpkin Pie marker if I had one!)
Accessories: 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon
Extras: Eyelet Border Punch, Crystal Effects, Dimensionals

I simply stamped the flower from Every Little Bit onto some DSP and then cut them out, adding dimensionals to the back and adhereing them in a grid pattern to the Whisper White cardstock, which I adhered to Rich Razzleberry cardstock that had a punched bottom edge on. I added some Whisper White grosgrain ribbon to help finish it off and a small blob of crystal effects to the centre of each flower to give it a glossy finish! Finally I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right hand corner!


Birthday Bliss - Donna's Birthday Card

Stamp Set: Bliss (SAB Set), Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Whispter White
Ink: Versamark, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Linen Thread
Extras: Modern Label Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Paper Piercer, Glue Dot

I stamped the flourish onto Crumb Cake in versamark ink and then added clear embossing powder. I then sponged Elegant Eggplant ink over the cardstock to create this spongy purple and kraft coloured effect. I stamped the butterfly, cut it out and folded the wings up to add dimension. I attached it with a glue dot. I punched the eyelet border and adhered the card together. Finally I stamped and punched out the sentiment, pierced a whole in each side and attached it to the card by wrapping linen thread around the card. 

I hope you enjoyed my second update, check back later for my third update! 

Please leave a comment. 

Have a great Tuesday! 

Amanda x

1 comment: