Monday 14 February 2011

just a bit of play

I have spent the entire afternoon playing and being creative with all my new goodies...it felt so good! I am just loving all my new stuff and the quality of the materials is outstanding...its so nice to work with materials that don't let you down. On a more serious note, I was also working on demos and make and take stuff for my workshops I have coming up next week. My mom is hosting one on Weds 23rd in the afternoon, and mine is on Fri 25th in the evening, if youre interested and in the area youre very welcome to come along! Anyway, as promised, here are the outcomes of my day of play! (sorry the the low image quality, by the time I had finished playing and cooked dinner and was ready to photograph and blog, there was no natural light left and you know how rubbish indoor lights can be for taking photos, but still, here they are)



Candles 
Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive
Extras: Candle, Heat gun, Greaseproof paper
For more information on how I decorated these gorgeous candles come to one of my February workshops. 



So Many Thanks
Stamp Sets: So Many Thanks, Every Little Bit
Ink: Old Olive Classic Ink Pad, Marina Mist & Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers
Cardstock: Whisper White, Kraft & Brights Patterned Paper (Daffodil Delight Polka Dot, Old Olive Flourish, Pacific Point Flourish)
Extras: Dinentionals
The second of my demos for the February workshops. 


Friend Love
Stamp Set: I {heart} Hearts, Fun & Fast Notes
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Whisper White Satin Ribbon
Extras: Dimensionals
My make & take for my February workshops, if you would like to make this card, come along. CASEd from a card made by my upline, cousin-in-law, Rhoda. She has been really helpful and supportive, helping me to get thing and projects organised for my workshops. Its been fab, especially as she lives up in Shetland! 



Thanks For Sharing You With Me
Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes, Fast Flowers Wheel
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark, Real Red
Cardstock: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Extras: Clear Embossing Powder, Blender Pen, Dimentionals 
A sample card to showcase other techniques for my guests to see at my workshops next week. this one is highlighting the use of versmark inkpad for creating a tone on tone background and then I added clear embossing powder to the versamarked hedgehog which I popped up in front with a dimensional! 


Happy Birthday Wishes
Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Brights Patterned Paper (Pumpkin Pie Polka Dot)
Extras: Blender Pen
Just a really simple little card highlighting the blender pen with ink pads and ink refills. 


Clover
Stamp Set: Every Little Bit
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White
Extras, Blender Pen, Stampin' Pastels (Garden Green-retired), cotton ball
Again, a really simple card just showing another way to use the blender pen, this time to fill the image with stampin pastels (I had to use a retired colour as the set I have is one I bought in 2002, when I first got into Stampin' Up in the States). the background was stamped in versamark and then the pastel was applied to the inked area with a cotton ball, just to highlight another use of the pastels. 

And finally, I have one last card to share with you all, seeing as its Valentine's Day, I figured I should make my wonderful husband a sweet valentines card. So here it is...


I LOVE U
Stamp Set: I {heart} Hearts
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Cardstock: Kraft, Real Red
Accessories: Whisper White Satin Ribbon
Extras: White Gel Pen, Dimentionals, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (I know its not stampin' up but I really felt that the corners could be rounded to improve the card)
To get a more subtle background effect with the heart stamps I used the stamping off technique, stamping each one off once on a piece of scratch paper before stamping onto the Kraft cardstock. I'm really pleased how it turned out, it really makes the white and the red in the foreground stand out! I think that by rounding the corners it really enhances the curves of the hearts. 


And just the finish off this mamoth blog entry, geesh I didn't realise how long it was or how long I've been sitting at this computer screen, I thought I'd just fill you in on a couple other lovely suprises I had today. 


First, was from the lovely Rhoda, my upline, she so sweetly sent me some swatches she made for the designer patterened paper available from the catalogue so I can show it off to all of my lovely guests. The paper is gorgeous and yet another reason why you should totally come to/host a workshop so I can show it all off to you! She also sent me some lovely cards she made with the current sale-a-bration sets that are on offer for free when you spend £45 until the end of February. And some really cute little swaps she got when she went to convention last November. It really was so kind of her, and I am very grateful for all of her wonderful ideas she has given me! 


Second was from my darling husband. He came home from work today with some really gorgeous white daisies and a heart-shaped balloon for me. I LOVE the flowers! I thought the balloon seemed a little out of character and until he told me the florist just gave it to him for free...yay for free stuff! 


I hope you have all enjoyed seeing a little of what I have done and seen a bit of what I'll be showing at my workshops. Comments are always a pleasure to read and make my day! 


Have an awesome rest of your evening,


Amanda xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a busy day! You've made such beautiful cards! The I (heart) hearts card is enticing me to buy the set! The candles are great! You'll have fun showing people how to do it! Glad Stu is looking after you well! Oh and garden green is a current colour in the regals colour family so you're quite alright! We also sell corner rounder punches so round away! Look forward to more..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't think I'd like the I {Heart} Hearts set all that much but thought it would probably be good for demos but now I've got it, I really am loving it! I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are wonderful creations, have great fun at your workshops and let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thank you so much Amanda, I will definitely, let you know how my workshops go next week, very excited for them now! :)

    ReplyDelete