Wednesday 16 February 2011

birthday card

Its been a busy day, printing off things I need to make myself totally prepared for workshops next week, designing business cards to hand out too, then off  to work at Aunt Lil's (my husband's great aunt) getting her dinner and cleaning over lunch period, going to Bible study at my mother-in-laws this afternoon and then went back to my friend Donna's for a bit of a impromptu chat..It was also one of my best friend's (she was actually one of my bridesmaids at my wedding last July) birthday today, we were going to a party at her this evening and I wanted to make her a special card from my stash of stuff, and despite not much time, here is what I finally came up with.



Kathryn's Birthday Card

Stamp Set: I {Heart} Hearts
Ink: Old Olive
Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Kraft
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Button, Linen Thread
Extras: Glue Dots

I know this card was quite similar to a card that I made yesterday, but I just felt it was really something I wanted to work with a bit more. I used a different stamp from the set for the background, but still stamped off to give a bit more of a subtle look. I wrapped the thread around several times and added a button, this time pumpkin pie to give a tiny pop of colour! I actually originally made the card the same size as the card yesterday, but it just was not working. I really didnt know what to do, the strip of kraft cardstock was just too wide in relation to everything else on the card, so I carefully peeled it off (a bit of a tricky task as Stampin' Up's snail adhesive is really good and strong) and then I chopped off a chunk of the bottom of the card to just make it a lot narrower, and suddenly it just worked so much better! I was happy. I hope Kat liked it! 

I had a really nice evening at Kat and Rob's tonight. It was nice to see their new place, and meet their new babies...guinea-pigs! Gizmo and Dill are absolutely gorgeous! they have really .long quirky white and ginger furr...its so funny and cute looking. I had such a long cuddle with Dill, he just sat so still and snuggled! I totally fell in love, now just to persuade my husband to let me have some! I think that might take a while, but a girl can try, cant she?! 

I'm off to work on my business cards some more. I hope you all have a lovely evening, until next time! 

Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment